Sunday, December 6, 2009

Product Review: Andis & Maxiglide Pt. II

So Friday night, after having my hair so nicely blown dry, I wrapped it, tied it in a satin scarf, and fell out *snore*

Saturday it was time to flat iron. I was so excited about my new Maxiglide. There are two big things that make this flat iron different. One was that the ceramic plates had teeth. Second, it used steam to help soften and straighten the hair. Let me tell you, I was a little apprehensive about the steam part. I had been taught all my life that water, humidity, etc was bad news for my hair. I didn't get how it was going to work, but I was willing to try.

The instructions said to steam the ends of your hair, then make one or two passes with the plates over the entire length. One thing that was stressed was not to apply too much pressure when holding the plates closed. Easy enough. I did my hair in sections starting in the back and working my way to the top and the front. It took me about an hour and here is the final result!






I have to say, it was almost as good as what I get at the salon. I cannot say enough good things about the results of the Maxiglide and Andis. It was an investment, but what I paid for both is less than a visit and a half to the salon. Totally worth it!

1 comments:

Chrissystina said...

Good for you, girl! I haven't straightened my own hair in years.

I haven't used any heat on my hair for over a year (intentional and unintentional)but I am seriously contemplating a wearing a straight style, but the only woman I trust with my hair is 1,200 miles away!

So, your final verdict is Maxiglide? I want my hair straight like yours for a little change. It looks so silky:-)