Sunday, April 25, 2010

One week natural

So last night I went to my first social event since doing my big chop - a house party for one of my bestie's birthday. It was the first time most of my friends had seen my hair, and the first time my parents had seen my hair.

Earlier in the week I texted a picture to my mom and she called me back and said carefully, "I guess it's cute." I was more worried about what my dad would say. He is so old school and thinks anything that is not permed bone straight is unprofessional. Surprise, surprise, he loved it (or he was a really good actor)! My mom asked me "Can't you at least touch up your edges?" She makes me laugh.

My friends loved it. It's funny, I was telling one of my friends last night, I feel like I have a whole new found swagger in life and she said she feels the same way (she is natural too). Even though more and more women are going natural, here in Dallas it is still rare, and it's kind of fun to be unique.

0 comments: