Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thinking about hair color

So I'm still loving my hair but I'm getting a little bored. I need to get brave and try some new styles but I feel like I never have much time to experiment. I have also thought about getting my hair colored for the summer.

I already use semi permanent rinses every few weeks to cover my prematurely gray hair. I get tired of having to do it so often, and I think I need a more permanent solution. Plus I just want to add a little "pop" to my hair. It was recommended to me to go to an Aveda Salon, and a lady in a natural hair meetup group recommended a stylist to me who is experienced in working on natural hair.

I called the salon and made an appointment for a consultation on Saturday. I'm a little nervous, and also excited, to be going to a "white" salon. I say I'm excited because I'm anticipating getting a glass of wine upon arrival, not having to be there all day, and not having hands laid on me (another story for another day). Now none of this may be true but it's what I'm expecting :)

I'll definitely post again this weekend and report back on my consultation!

0 comments: