Sunday, September 12, 2010

Success! First Weigh In

As I mentioned in a previous post, we are doing a Biggest Loser type contest at my job. We had quite a bit of time between the initial weigh in and our next weigh in due to the Labor Day holiday.

Our first weigh in was on Friday, and I lost 4.2 lbs! Woo hoo! We are doing teams of two, and my partner lost 2 lbs. Which she confessed was purely by accident - she hadn't been tracking her food (she is doing Weight Watchers), nor had she been working out. And she doesn't seem motivated to do either one. GRRRRRR. But what can you do? I can't make her do it.

This week I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing with a few minor tweaks. I am going to step up my workouts, and try to add more fruits and vegetables. This is something I really struggle with but I am going to try and do better. Wish me luck!

On another note, I bought two pairs of jeans in a size smaller than I wear as motivation and they arrived on Friday. I thought I would try them on just for fun and they fit already! I didn't have to jump and down to get them on or anything. They just fit. I was able to wear them to a party yesterday. I guess that running is really working!

0 comments: