Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My regimen while in tree braids

As I have said 1,000 times, I love my braids! Here are the products I am using to keep up my look:

For moisture, African Royale BRX Braid and Extensions Sheen Spray

I found out about this product on Long Hair Care Forum (where else?). A lot of the women suggested this as their favorite braid spray, so I headed to the beauty supply store to get a bottle. I really like this spray. It has a pleasant, light scent, and adds a ton of shine. It also makes my new growth very soft. The new growth in my nape area is also curling up nicely since I started using it. From reading other reviews online, a lot of naturals use this on their hair even if they aren't in braids. Makes sense considering how nice the hair in my nape looks.

For protein/strengthening, Joico K-Pak Liquid Reconstructor


Some people think that naturals don't need protein, but I use products that contain it for three reasons: 1) since I am transitioning and still have relaxed ends I need something that will keep my relaxed hair and line of demarcation strong, 2) I use heat on my hair, and 3) my hair is very fine. I love the Joico line, especially this particular leave-in conditioner. Even though my hair is braided up, it still needs TLC, and I don't want a lot of breakage when I take down my braids, so I hope this product will keep my hair strong.

I alternate with one day of the braid spray, and one day with a mix of the Joico and braid spray. I also oil my cornrow parts with a little coconut oil when I feel it's needed. So far I think it's working well, and I have a little new growth already after two weeks.

1 comments:

Chrissystina said...

I love the smell of these products. There's some kind of hair lotion or cream that this company makes that smells delicious- like pina colada!

I used it years ago, I don't remember the ingredients, but I think I really liked the way it made my hair feel:-D