Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm getting tree braids!

Can you tell I'm excited??

I have been going back and forth about what I want to do with my hair next. First it was braids. Then I was just going to do the big chop. Then I thought about another sew in. Last night I was researching Brazilian Keratin Treatment. Then today one of my besties and I were talking about upping our workout game and I decided I needed a protective style that would get me through the spring and not interfere with my working out in any way. So I decided to go with tree braids!

I'm hoping that I can keep them two months, and get another couple of inches of growth in, then do my big chop once they are out.

But mostly, my lazy butt is just ready to be able to shake and go in the mornings!

2 comments:

Chrissystina said...

Hello! You and your bestie are sooooo me right now, I'm trying to eat healthy and up my workouts, too! I would say that you should not do the Brazilian Keratin treatment, it has formaldehyde in it, and you hair may very well fall out. Plus, it is very expensive, and is probably not a good idea to put it on alreay relaxed hair. Your choice, but I HAD to say something:-D
Also, in my opinion, braids are the best way to retain length. They are just perfect for it!
My mom does Bikram yoga, so she sweats alot, and she will wear sew-ins, but her hair is so doggone matted when she takes them out due to her working out and sweating. Braids make it so much easier to clean your scalp, I say go for it! I might braid my own hair pretty soon. I've been wearing protective styles for almost two weeks, and it's killing me a little not playing in my hair!

Curly in Texas said...

Thanks for the advice on the BKT. I actually found out today that one of my coworkers had it done and let me say, her hair looks a hot mess. Plus she was already relaxed, I was kinda like "whats the point?" I thought it was to loosen the curl?