Friday, August 13, 2010

Answered prayers

A little departure from the normal topics around here.... The weirdest thing happened last week.

A few months ago, my friend wanted to try online dating, and wanted me to try it too, so I said what the heck. However, I am not even going to lie, I am extremely picky, so it wasn't really going anywhere for me, until I heard from this guy, we'll call him "R".

R seemed nice enough, normal, employed, and had all his teeth, so I continued to chat with him. And chat. And talk. And text. Lather, rinse, repeat. Never any plans to actually get together. Why I continued this foolishness for two months, I have no idea, but I did. I guess nothing better going on. It's not like he lived across the country - he lives in a suburb about ten miles from me. So there was no reason for us not to meet asap.

Anyway, last week, we were texting AGAIN, and he busts out with "I think I used to date you." I've seen this ninja's picture, and he doesn't even look vaguely familiar. I told him I thought he was mistaken. He asked me if I used to live in GenericSuburb. Check. Didn't you have surgery for xyz? Ummm, yea. And you drove a green car and moved back to Dallas? Ok, WTF? How can I not remember anything about this dude? I was freaked out, but also embarrassed. The ONLY thing that was strangely familiar is that when I got his number, I thought it looked like a number I'd seen before. I work with numbers all day and have a tendency to memorize them easily, so there you go. The only thing I can remember about this guy was his phone number? Good grief.

My main concern was why did we stop dating? I asked R, and he said we just grew apart. That doesn't sound me at all. So I prayed about it. I asked God to please let me know what I needed to do about this guy. That is saying a lot for me, because I am (sadly) not a big prayer. God forgive me. But you know what, God always comes right on time.

R and I were supposed to get together finally tonight. I was the one who finally had to force the issue, which I don't like at all. He told me that he would let me know b/c he might have to go out of town, and he would let me know this morning. I am not the type of girl to put my life on hold waiting around on some man, but I made an exception and looked to hear from him this morning. Not a word from him. So, now I think I have my answer as to why he and I stopped dating eight years ago. His weirdness about us getting together, the fact that I have felt I have had to chase him, and his lack of consideration about letting me know about tonight told me all I need to know.

So the whole point of this long drawn out story is that prayer works, and listen to what God is trying to tell you, even if it's not what you want to hear! And as Jay-Z would say:


0 comments: