Friday, August 13, 2010

The twist out revisited

I'm still being super adventurous and rocking my twist outs. I really like them because my hair isn't quite so shrunken and it shows off my length a bit. Plus it makes my hair look really thick. Here is a picture of my second attempt last week.


(I'm such a dork)

Then, this past Wednesday I got really crazy and decided to do a twist and curl.


I used a combo of flexirods and perm rods. It wasn't bad sleeping on them. The next morning I took them out and there was one random piece that was hanging down lower than the rest, so I had to roll it while I finished getting ready.


It turned out ok though, I think. It's not my favorite so I don't know if I'll be trying this one again.


I DID remember to take the perm rod out before I left for work!

Last night, I washed my hair, and for the first time since doing my BC, I did not do a wash and go! I washed with Nutrogena T-Gel (I have developed dry scalp again, something I thought was gone by way of the relaxer), conditioned with Joico Moisture Recovery, and applied Knot Today as my leave in. I squeezed the excess water out, divided my hair into four sections and did a large twist in each section. I let my hair dry to about 80% dry, then did small twists all over using Nourish & Shine and ORS Twist and Lock Gel.

When I woke up this morning my hair was totally dry so I untwisted and separated each twist. My hair was full of super defined ringlets. It was gorgeous and of course I didn't take any pictures this time! I got several compliments while I was out shopping today! The cashier at DSW was telling me that she was currently transitioning and was 8 months post relaxer. I gave her some encouragement and told her to stick with it, it would be worth it in the end!

I got home before it got too hot and retwisted it again since I don't plan on going out tonight. Tomorrow headed on a road trip to San Antonio with one of my besties. Have a great weekend!



0 comments: